Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Half way there

Well, were half way there through the semester. This week in entrepreneur class was fun. We talked about getting over the stumbling blocks in our way, and even more so, how to turn those stumbling blocks into advantages that others don't have. One of the biggest things I learned was about student A, student B, and student C. And I learned that I would be a student C. Students A and B are people that have had some negative challenge in their life that they were able to turn into a motive to move forward and do better, but student C was someone who hasn't had a stumbling block that they could turn into motive. In my life, I haven't had too many experiences where I was negatively impacted and was able to turn anger or sadness or any other feeling into motive. But because of that, I think I would disagree with what we were talking about in class. In the gospel we don't teach that you shouldn't drink coffee because it is terrible for you and all this bad stuff will happen, but rather that a lot of good stuff will happen if you don't drink it, and Christ wasn't mocked by the people around Him and immediately think "I'm going to get them back as soon as I become a successful leader", no, rather I think He took the positives from His life and the blessings He had in success and experience to motivate Himself. Now maybe I misunderstood what was being taught, but when it was stated that we should feel sorry for Student C, I would have to disagree and say, let's be student C. Don't use your hate for authoritative people or bad past experiences to motive you forward, but instead, look at all of the good from success you have had and the hope for future success to push you forward. So, yep, good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment