Tuesday, November 13, 2018
4 Weeks Left
This week we had an interesting discussion on Mills and her company Warm Fuzz Cards. The topic of the discussion was whether or not Mills should expand her company rapidly, or more slowly. We spoke a little about leadership and the methods to lead as well that day, but I'll talk about that later. I was pro growing slowly, Mills and her husband were trying to have a baby in the next year and I didn't think that trying something new with the company at that time was a good idea. And moreover, I think that it would have been overall bad business to abandon the time and care she put into her personable business to grow rapidly. What I learned even more was that this whole discussion depended on your definition of "grow rapidly." We had some people that I agreed with, but our definitions were different. But yeah, on to the topic we had that day, we had a good talk about leadership and what that means you have to do. And to sum it all up, leaders will put the people up, and managers will have the people push them up. Although that is a simple way to put it, I do think it is the best summary for what I learned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment