Tuesday, December 11, 2018

The Last Lecutre


What would be your Last Lecture?

This week I would like to talk about what I have learned this semester. There has been a lot, but a few things have stood out to me more than other, things that are more important than I thought in running your own business. For example, the idea that I have heard most often in my intro to entrepreneur class is the idea of honesty. It must be super important to be honest in a business that you start. And I guess that makes since. I have known a few people that were not very honest in their dealings with myself and / or my family. And that was really an easy way for them to lose the trust and business of my family and friends. I think that it is also important to be honest because it will keep you out of trouble, and I like to live by the saying “better safe than sorry.”
               Another thing I would like to remind you all of this week, was about how religion can and really should be incorporated into your business. Every religion that teaches good and uplifting principles can be easily imputed into a company or business to better it and its people. For example, if your religion teaches a moral of “early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise” then you should support that in your business and as people live by good teachings from God, they can become even better people and in following, even better employees. But the stipulation of that is that you need to be living by those principles too. I can teach that you need to count the cash in the cash box with another person if I don’t expect myself to do it.
               This leads to my next point. One thing that I have learned is very important in your own business is to lead by example. I am sure that there have been many times where a person has made it to the top by doing what they want and bossing people around and making them do the “unwanted” jobs, but I’m not sure how many of those people have stayed in a position of power for a long time. I think that the people that make it to the top and stay at the top are people that lead by example, the people that aren’t afraid to clean up and help others and do themselves what they expect others to do. I hope that you all remember these things and I really hope that you also learned something too from this semester. Have a great week!

https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8234024956270434783#allposts

No comments:

Post a Comment