Tuesday, October 23, 2018
A later week in the semester
This week was good. We had a really interesting presentation this week with a video that I really liked. It was about a 3rd grade dropout and how he become not only successful, but also "the wisest man" the speaker knew. I thought that the principle of self teaching was really taught well in that video. and although it wasn't the purpose of the presentation I really thought about that a lot. I am subscribed to a an entrepreneur news feed and now I am trying to read up on more of those articles, along with articles that explain more about my major, accounting. It is that concept of teaching yourself wise and important life principles that will help you with what you want to do with your life that I think I really learned this week. I am looking for things that I know and things that I don't know in readings that I find, readings with real-life scenarios, and from these I see what I already know, what I need to practice, and what I will need to know. I think that the idea of self teaching needs to be taught better, and not just self teaching through reading your text books, but learning from life and the lives of others, things that will be important in your life and the lives of your family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment